Friend Us!
info@couture.com.tr
009-0532-365-0247

NUSRETİYE MOSQUE

Comment are off

Before Nusretiye Mosque there were a mosque located on the site of the current mosque. And it was called the Mosque of theArtillery Barracks. After the destruction of that museum due to the Firuzaga Fire, Sultan Mahmud ordered construction of Nusretiye Mosque . The mosque was completed between the years of 1823-1826. It was restored twice. This ornate building seems more like a large palace pavillion than a mosque, with decorative out buildings and marble terrace.

About the Author