Beylerbeyi Mosque was located on the Anatolian shore of the Bosphorus next to the Beylerbeyi quay. The mosque was built by Sultan Abdulhamit in the memory of his mother in 1778. The mosque is in the Baroque style constructed of cut stone. It is octagonal in shape with two minarets and 55 windows. There is just one dome with the area in front of the mosque niche covered with a half-dome.
The inside of the mosque is decorated with inscriptions and engravings. The mosque is covered with both Ottoman and European glazed tiles. It is a fine example of junction of different cultures.